Information on this page may now be outdated. Click here for the most current updates regarding the stay-at-home order and COVID-19.
Idaho Governor Brad Little recently announced a 15-day extension of the statewide stay-home order. The order will now be in effect until at least April 30 and remains subject to further extension. The extended order requires all out-of-state travelers to self-quarantine in Idaho for 14 days after coming into the state. Consequently, all students who come from out-of-state to Rexburg for Spring Semester 2020 must self-quarantine in accordance with the order.
Self-Quarantine means that:
- You should remain in your apartment and limit contact and interaction with others.
- You should stay in a well-ventilated room, preferably alone. If it is not possible for you to be alone, others in the room should remain about 2 meters (6 feet) away.
- You should follow good hygiene practices, including:
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Covering your nose and mouth with cloth, tissues, or elbows when coughing or sneezing, followed by cleaning hands
- Avoiding the sharing of personal items such as towels, drinks, or toothbrushes
- Wearing a mask if you have any symptoms of respiratory illness (see below)
If you develop any of the following symptoms, please call the BYU-Idaho Student Health Center or your preferred medical provider.
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Upset Stomach
In addition to the Order, all students in Rexburg for Spring Semester 2020 will be subject to local health authority requirements and any other local, state, or federal guidance that has been or may be issued. We urge compliance with all such directives and encourage students to make responsible choices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.