College can be a difficult time for many students in any circumstance. It is normal to feel stress; in fact it can be healthy. However, when stress and anxiety go unmanaged, the effects can threaten the well-being of the individual. To help not only yourself, but also others recognize when their mental/behavioral health could potentially be at risk, read the following material. Also consider visiting some of the additional resources for more information.
1. Be aware of behavioral health issues.
- Worried and/or anxious more than usual
- Depressed or unhappy
- Sudden emotional outbursts
- Struggles sleeping
- Weight or appetite changes
- Quiet or withdrawn
- Feeling guilty or worthless
- Changes in behavior or feelings
2. Learn how to de-stress and deal with anxiety.